Friday, January 11, 2008

Fom Dusk 'Till Dawn

In life sometimes things seem so complicated, my happiness has faded, but yet I have waited, for the true purpose for which I am created,
I kiss the babes as they go out the door, watching them grow, as they explore, I do adore them as their minds soar,
They bring me light with so much delight even when I am in my darkest night they strengthen me to continue to fight,
From dusk ‘till dawn,

When the world tries to bring me down, cant stand with two feet on the ground, I am left feeling like no one is around, then suddenly I hear the sound,
Saying,” Mommy I love you”
From out of the blue, I again have the strength I need to continue, not forgetting to give credit where credit is due,
From dusk ‘till dawn

It seems to get harder as time passes by, to make it a day without wanting to cry, but yet I still look toward the sky, for my sanity supply,
Thanking God each day I breathe, as the babe’s relieve the way I perceive, because in him I believe, and this gift of life I receive.
From dusk ‘till dawn

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say you did a good job on this one. I like the way you gave credit to God as well. Great poem CW

AVON said...

This is a beautiful piece...I liked it alot....

Carla said...

thanks dl i always love the feedback!!!

Carla said...

steph your opinion always matters...

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

C!!!!

that was awesome - and i can so relate!! bravo - so glad i found your written world again!! xoxoxox MUAH!

Carla said...

Thanks AP!!!