Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Stand

Spiritual warfare,
The devils delight,
The battle cries louder every night,
The warriors sent to claim victory over it all,
The armor gilded for even the small.
I stand…
A child’s innocence lost in a day,
Forgetting nursery rhymes
Forgetting to play,
Mothers weep,
Losing sleep.
I stand…
A neighborhood pusher man,
Pimps on the street,
Kids being beat,
Bullets with no name,
Drugs are the blame,
I stand…
This is not a game to play,
Its real life its time to pray,
Having faith in what God can do,
Not just for me but also for you,
It’s because of him.
I stand…

4 comments:

AVON said...

This is awesome as well I like the way it flows...and the message and the feelings are very vivid.

Carla said...

I hope that others will feel that as well...Thanks my zodiac sista!!!

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

you pimped this one well...and the Glory to him Above!!! I LOVE THIS!

**clapping and standing on my chair HOOOOTING!**

;O) xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Carla said...

He has seen me through alot in life i must admit...