Thursday, July 14, 2005

Insomnia
Caught between life’s red tape
Cant seem to find a way to escape
All hopes dreams and ambitions
Screwed by all wrong decisions
Traveling through life so blind
How can this world be so unkind
Cant seem to really place any blame
Caught up by reality still the same
My kindness is turning so cold
Still reality has become so bold
Insomnia at night is kickin my ass
Always running into the wrong paths
As I lay at night I toss and turn
Peace of mind is all that I yearn
Terrible memories of deceit
Its a raging war tryin to defeat
A battle within can not win
Takin a breathe from within
Faster and faster days gone by
Sometimes feelin I wanna die
Cant stop dreamin the big dream
Threads breakin out of this seam
Cant fight it all in just one night
Insomnia whether wrong or right
Mama please take away the pain
My lifes got me locked in this chain
The water drips in the bathroom sink
The rythym is made when I lay to think
Used to be apple of my Daddys eye
Now all I do is make him cry
I need for things to lighten up
I now carry an overflowing cup
Too full to rest too cold to care
Thoughts runnin through the nights air
I don’t need any more than this
I just want my goodnight kiss
Hold me spin me wine me dine me
Hope one day peace can find me
Insomnia greetin me like a teacher
Damn it’s enough to kill a preacher
Take me guide me and show me
What life has bestowed me
Drowning at night in my own tears
No one to tell my hopes and fears
Butterfly flutters all gone in an day
Wishin the insomnia would go away.
By Carla E. Williams

No comments: