Sunday, August 07, 2005

Locked Up

I was born locked up and still haven't served all of my time,
I am still paying the price but, i dont know for what crime,
Time passes on and people say that things will get better,
But still I feel empty and alone as I am writing this letter,
I often wonder as I reminis on the past, how did I go astray,
What happened to all the happiness in my world,my life,my day,
Bars of steel, but just a vision I placed on a life so very cold,
I sit here I listen, I see,I hear and yet try to do as I am told,
Bitterness from repeated offenses I have not committed,
Close my eyes, dreaming of the day that I will be aquitted,
Walkin through the shadows trying to reach the daylight,
Threatened by insanity that could take me one day, one night,
Constantly I try to progress to the better way of life,
But yet still I am held down by all the controversy and strife,
How many days,weeks, years must I take without pleasure,
When will I find it the diamonds, gold, and the treasure,
I have seen so much that another would have fear,
No one could walk in these shoes without shedding a tear,
Just barely makin it day by day as lifes time ticks on,
Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, what will happen when I am gone,
Locked up in a trance and without possibility,
Doing my time but thinking about it constantly,
Its unexpainable why I have all this time to serve,
I must tell you though someones really got some nerve,
Thirty one years of being locked up and set to the side,
Contemplations set in my head with visions of suicide.

No comments: