Saturday, August 30, 2008

August 15, 2008 - Friday

Pen Addiction....

I know a mansion can't be built overnight,
A round can't be made without a fight,
I live upon the dreams,goals,and ambitions,
Mesmerized on completing my life's missions,
As I encompass each intricate detail,
Picking apart the areas of where I fail,
Only to become stronger, wiser, and selfless,
To love unconditionally and be at my best,
I know the kool in kool aide can be beat,
Without the sugar it's just not so sweet,
George Washington can really make a woman dance,
Yet does not guarantee a heartfelt romance,
I have had love, lived love, been in love,
Still don't completely understand all of the above,
I know that sometimes even when you give it your all,
The pawn can take over and the King can take the fall,
I have to stay confident keeping my goals in sight,
Recording when I was wrong and when I was right,
Taking notes along the way,
Knowing when to go and when to stay,
Being sincere, true, and honest within,
Never letting go of where I have been,
Knowing my true addiction is my pen...

No comments: